Experienced Atlanta & Dawsonville Personal Injury AttorneysAutomobile collisions can range from merely annoying to completely disastrous, life-altering events for families. At Kimmey & Murphy, P.C., we have spent over 30 years representing clients in thousands of automobile collisions. We understand what should and should not be done in these cases and how best to deal with negligent drivers and their insurance companies to make sure that you are fully and fairly compensated for your injuries. If you have been injured in an automobile collision, call us for a free consultation. Our goal is to give you the peace of mind of knowing that you have competent, caring Dawsonville personal injury lawyers who will diligently work on your case so that you can focus on regaining your health and well-being while we handle the complex issues related to the case.
If you or someone you love has been injured in an automobile accident caused by someone else’s carelessness, you should seek legal advice immediately. It is important to obtain the advice of an experienced Dawsonville personal injury attorney before you discuss the matter with an insurance adjuster and before signing any documents that may affect your rights. Kimmey & Murphy. P.C. is a well established, well-respected law firm that will carefully review your case and assist you in the difficult time following an automobile accident with injuries. Our Dawsonville injury attorneys are readily available to meet with you and answer your questions. You can rest assured that we are not the type of lawyers who run television advertisements and focus more on a fast settlement that benefits the insurance company more than you. We will fight for our clients to make sure they received everything to which they are entitled.
By working with a proven Dawsonville personal injury lawyer at Kimmey & Murphy, P.C., you are ensuring that your rights and interests are protected. Our attorneys are committed to helping you achieve fair compensation for your claim, whether in pre-suit settlement negotiations, mediation, or trial.
For several decades, we have been helping car wreck victims in the State of Georgia obtain justice from negligent and careless people as well as from their insurance companies. Our accident and injury lawyers have tried or settled car accident claims all over Metro Atlanta and Northern Georgia.
Common Injuries in Car Wrecks
Auto collisions can vary in severity from a simple fender-bender to a fatal crash. Here are some of the types of injuries that are commonly seen:
- Whiplash: This is the violent stretching of muscles and ligaments in the upper back and neck.
- Other soft tissue injuries: This is similar to whiplash, but the traumatic stretching of soft tissue happens elsewhere in the body, such as the lower and middle back.
- Fractured and broken bones: This can happen anywhere on the body, but rib fractures and breaks are particularly common.
- Scrapes and lacerations: Flying debris from inside or outside of your car can result in cuts and scrapes that range from minor to severe. More severe lacerations can cause a great deal of blood loss and require stitches.
- Herniated spinal discs: Your spinal vertebrae have discs in between them for cushioning, and these discs can slip out of place during an accident.
- Traumatic brain injuries: TBIs can result when the head is slammed violently against any hard surface. In many instances, TBIs can be severe and life-altering injuries.
What Types of Compensation Can I Recover?
Car accident victims can recover for a variety of damages.
- Medical costs: Any expenses for medical treatment and tests can be recovered.
- Future medical costs: These can be tricky to calculate, but your doctors and lawyer can work together to calculate the cost of future medical treatments.
- Lost wages: Any work that you have missed due to the accident can be recovered.
- Future lost earning capacity: If your ability to do your job has been negatively affected, you can recover damages for future losses.
- Pain and Suffering: This is compensation for your pain and can be many times the amount of your medical bills.
- Punitive damages: These are not always available, but when they are, their purpose is to punish the defendant for egregiously wrongful acts.
The vast majority of automobile accident claims are settled outside of the legal system by the drivers’ insurance companies. Obviously, the other driver’s insurance company is most concerned with limiting the amount of money that they pay out. When an insurance company presents a settlement offer, it is in your best interests to discuss the situation with an experienced Dawsonville personal injury attorney. At Kimmey & Murphy, P.C., we are familiar with the many tactics that insurance companies use to get you to settle quickly and for less compensation than you deserve.
The insurance company may try to get you to record a statement that they later dissect and try to use against you during settlement negotiations. They may also try to get you to agree to a low-ball settlement offer before you have a chance to talk to an experienced personal injury attorney. It is important that you contact our Dawsonville injury lawyers before you say anything that may negatively impact your case or accept a settlement that will not compensate you for the full extent of your injuries. Many injury victims drastically underestimate how much their injury will impact their life and leave money on the table by accepting a fast settlement. Our personal injury lawyers are familiar with the value of accident claims and can use this knowledge to fight for maximum compensation for your injuries.
Our Atlanta personal injury attorneys will get to work immediately on your claim and will take steps to protect your rights at all stages of your case. We will investigate the cause of your accident and identify all potential defendants. We will prepare a demand package to the insurance company that fully encompasses the full extent of your damages. If a fair settlement is not made, we will fight for the compensation you deserve.
Speak with Skilled Dawsonville Personal Injury Lawyers Today!
The Dawsonville personal injury attorneys in our firm have years of experience dealing with insurance companies and handling accident claims. While our law firm usually try to negotiate a fair settlement before filing a lawsuit, we will not hesitate to go to trial if necessary to stand up for your rights.
Due to deadlines for filing injury claims, it is critical that you meet with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible to evaluate your case. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to an automobile accident, contact us to ensure that your legal rights are protected. Please call us at (404) 586-9848 (Atlanta) or (706) 216-7228 (Dawsonville) for a free assessment of your case.